Clerk’s Corner


The National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) widely known as “Motor Voter,” was sign into law on May 20, 1993. The law became effective on January 1, 1995.

Under NVRA you can register to vote through the mail, motor vehicle offices designated government agencies and military recruitment offices.

But if you register through the mail you must vote in person if you have not previously voted in that jurisdiction. No absentee ballot can be given until this has been complied with. However, this does not apply to persons who are overseas, nor has a handicap.

We also have a gubernatorial election every two years.

Where to vote: If you live in Precinct One you vote downstairs of the Township Hall. Precinct Two you vote upstairs.

School Elections: East China and Richmond, your polling locations are the same as the year previous. But Anchorbay will be voting at Lighthouse Elementary this year.

If you are in need of a new voter’s ID card please call my office. You can also request an application to vote absentee by calling 586-727-7524.

Election Inspectors: If you are interested in being an election inspector please call my office for an application. After you have turned in your application we will send you to school for certification which you will be paid for attending. This needs to be down every two years.

Notary Public

I am a notary. If you need something to be notarized just call my office to make an appointment.